Logotype composed of 3 lines of serif font reading 'Massachusetts Department of Higher Education'

Registration Eligibility

Massachusetts State Financial Aid applicants should only complete one financial aid application (FAFSA or MASFA) per award year.
To receive financial aid by filing a FAFSA, you must be either a United States Citizen or an Eligible Noncitizen.
An eligible noncitizen is a U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island), U.S. permanent resident (who has an I-151, I-551 or I-551C [Permanent Resident Card]), or an individual who has an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing one of the following designations:
"Asylum Granted"
"Cuban-Haitian Entrant (Status Pending)"
"Conditional Entrant" (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980)
Victims of human trafficking, T-visa (T-2, T-3, or T-4, etc.) holder
"Parolee" (You must be paroled into the United States for at least one year and you must be able to provide evidence from the USCIS that you are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and that you intend to become a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.)
Are you a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen as described above?